Working from home can prove to be difficult even in a devoted office space. You need peace and quiet for concentration and productivity. Working inside your home while your family is there may cause you to become too comfortable and in turn, unproductive.
What Is a Garden Room?
A garden room, also known as a garden office, garden hut, or outdoor building, is every telecommuter’s dream! Imagine, an independent, fully insulated, completely functional building on your property that allows you to work remotely without the distractions of your home. That is exactly what you are getting with one of these.
There are many design options to choose from. Even the pickiest person will find something that suits them! According to Lazy Susan, these buildings are almost always made of wood.
Key Differences Between a Garden Room and a Conservatory
You are probably asking yourself if this is the same thing as a conservatory. In short, the answer is no.
- A garden room is freestanding whereas a conservatory connects to your home.
- A conservatory typically has a translucent ceiling, so you can see outside. A garden room doesn’t.
- Conservatories aren’t insulated as well as a garden rooms because of their glass or plastic ceiling, making them colder in the winter. This makes them less comfy and welcoming than a garden room.
- You have many different layout options when choosing a garden room. If you go for a conservatory, you are very limited with your options because you must build it onto your existing house.
What Can I Use a Garden Room For?
By no means do you have to use it for work-related reasons. A garden room is very flexible because you can use it for so many different purposes, such as:
- Office space for telecommuters
- Outdoor get-togethers
- Man-cave/game room
- Study room
- A place to get away
- A suitable play area for children
- Workout area
- Arts and crafts room
- Music room
- Teenagers living space or hang-out spot
How Will a Garden Room Benefit You?
Of course, this is a very important factor. There are many benefits associated with the purchase of a garden room.
- A garden room gives you the freedom to work from home without the distractions from kids, TV, animals, and things that bring you comfort.
- According to makeitwood.org, by purchasing a wood building, you are helping the environment compared to choosing a concrete or brick building.
- It gives you extra space where you can have peace and quiet and get away from the stress and demands that family can bring (if you are lucky anyway).
- It is normally cheaper and less complicated than adding an addition to your home.
- Garden rooms usually have glass walls, which give you the ability to see the beautiful outdoors while working. This is great for enhancing creativity, focus, and giving you feelings of happiness and positivity.
- Brings extra value to your property. Adding the garden room will significantly increase the amount of money you can ask for it. That way, if you ever decide you want to sell your land, the garden room will pay for itself.
- Because it is fully insulated, it is perfect to work in all year round.
- Lower utility bills. A fully insulated roof keeps the garden room warm in the winter and cool in the summer. This leads to lower utility bills compared to other traditional work rooms such as conservatories.
- You can grow plants indoors. They typically have glass walls that allow ample sunlight inside. This lets you grow plants in the room, which will improve your air quality and make your space brighter and more appealing to the eye.
Why Should I Invest in a Garden Room?
Good question! Once you buy it, it’s yours. You can do what you please with it. Decorate it any way you want and use it for whatever your needs may be. A garden room gives you that extra space you desire, and the sky is the limit.
If you are deciding between an add-on or a garden room, the garden room should win every time. An addition to your house is more expensive and is tremendously less flexible than a garden room. It will never become useless to you. Even if you decide it isn’t an adequate workspace for you in the long run, there are still many ways to use it to make it convenient to you. You can watch this video to get a general idea of what they look like and what amazing things you can use them for! You will not be disappointed in the addition of a garden room to your property!